Monday, January 28, 2013

To Wrap Up The Year

Well, I clearly did not maintain this blog the way I had planned (monthly), but I will excuse myself considering it was the most hectic/busy/stressed/insane (you get the idea) three months of my life to date. 

No jokes.

SO - though I wasn't on a roll in the kitchen, I did manage to create a few yummy things during that crazy time period. Here they are:


  • Cheese-Stuffed Jalepenos: MS pg. 293 - 10/4. These were sooo fantastic (and easy!) They were such a crowd-pleaser, we made them for my sister's bridal shower too.




  • Cashew Chicken: EF Cookbk pg.40 - 10/15/12. Excellent!




  • Six Roasted Vegetables: 10/20 . The absolute BEST way to enjoy veggies, in my personal opinion! :)A little olive oil and kosher salt and we're good to go! Asparagus, carrots, brussels sprouts, onions, potatoes & cauliflower. Woo!


  • Williams-Sonoma Haunted House kit with the boys!


  • Thanksgiving prep for: Mom's Candied Yams (best ever!) and a new recipe from a friend - Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Both were great! I don't know if I will ever be able to go back to "regular" mashed potes again!





  • My Thanksgiving dessert contribution: Mom/Grandma's Apple Pie - I LOVE THIS SO SO SO MUCH! 




  •  Chocolate cupcakes: Nov - For Miles' 4th Birthday Party!



  • Grandma Stallings' Famous Homemade Hot Fudge, Dittmer Mix and Martha Stewart's Chocolate-Peppermint Thumbprints were all included in our holiday treat boxes for friends this year.











1 comment:

SydneyMin said...

Well I only tasted the hot fudge sauce, but that was delicious!!